In January 2020, the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the outbreak of the novel Coronavirus now labelled COVID-19, a Public Emergency of International Concern. The WHO, alongside public health authorities across the globe are trying to contain COVID-19 and delay a worldwide outbreak. However, for this to happen, all sections of society play an integral part, from organisations down to the single individual.
What does this mean for you and attending appointments?
At the moment, most sessions are being run online. These have all been very successful to date so while I am legally allowed to offer face to face sessions, I feel it’s best we both stay in the comfort of our own home. In exceptional circumstances, where online is not an option or not seeing a therapist face to face would seriously impact mental health, I am able to run sessions in person. However:
- Please DO NOT attend your appointment in person if you have:
- Flu-like symptoms, coughing, shortness of breath or a temperature. Please call to re-arrange your appointment.
- If you have travelled and visited any of the high-risk countries listed in the above public guidance link please call to re-arrange your appointment.
- If you have been in contact with anyone tested positive with COVID-19 please call to re-arrange your appointment.
- In all the above points please ensure you read the above public health guidance and dial 111 immediately and self-isolate when advised. If you have a history of health concerns, please bring 111 up to speed. Please contact people you have come in contact with including myself to ensure containment and care measures are put in place.
UK Public Health Guidance providing advice on current information about COVID-19, self-isolation, travelling, global risk areas etc. can be found at:
I suggest you use this official source rather than social media where the accuracy of facts can’t always be relied on.
The above is important to ensure we all take care of each other and ourselves whilst preventing the spread of COVID-19. Please remember, even if you are a physically fit person and the probability of moderate to severe contraction of the virus is low, by doing the above you are not only protecting yourself, you are protecting people you know whom are in the risk groups.